Sunday is food prep day for us, as it is for many of you out there. If you’re using fresh ingredients, then you’ve probably noticed that fresh garlic is in many recipes, but you might hate cutting and peeling the individual cloves. Well, here’s a quick and easy way to peel garlic in about 10 seconds. This kitchen hack basically changed the way I look at garlic, or at least preparing it!
Quick and Easy Garlic Peel
1. Place garlic bulb with wide side down on a hard surface (e.g. cutting board)
2. Smash the bulb with the palm of your hand, breaking up the cloves
3. Place the gloves in a bowl and cover (I use another bowl upside down)
4. Shake vigorously for about 5 seconds
5. Presto! You should have mostly clean garlic cloves and maybe one or two that needs a final peel by hand. No matter what, this is way quicker than cutting and peeling each clove.